February 21, 2007 at 11:17 pm #26434
Is it possible to delete an msn messenger account without deleting the e-mail account itself?
I cannot delete my e-mail, otherwise I would start fresh with everything. But I desperately want to delete my messenger account (mainly to rid myself of all those people).
Thank you.February 22, 2007 at 12:05 am #158486
Hello April81 and welcome to BigBlueBall 🙂
Are you using a hotmail account to log-in your Messenger?February 22, 2007 at 4:35 am #158489
Thank you…and yes I am using a hotmail address to log into messengerFebruary 22, 2007 at 4:45 am #158487
Well, I can tell you how to delete your account but I’m afraid that you will not be able to log in to your email account as well.
You see, Passport is how Hotmail identifies you. By deleting your Passport account, you are deleting your ability to login to your Hotmail and to WLM/MSN Messenger.
If you want to keep using your Messenger with this specific address but want to get rid of these contacts as you say, I have only one advice:
Block AND delete them! This way, you can be sure that they will never be able to contact you in your messenger again and see your status 🙂
If you really want to delete your account though, here’s how to do it:
1) Click Help on any Hotmail page (usually top right-hand corner).
2) Type Close Account in the keyword search section of the Help screen.
3) Click the Close Your Account link within the Help screen.
4) Click the go to the Close Account link that is highlighted in blue.
5) Read the instructions. When you are satisfied that you understand the terms associated with an account closure, click Close Account.February 22, 2007 at 4:52 am #158490
I guess I will just block and delete people. I can’t shut down my e-mail(work related), so that’s not an option for me.
Thanks again 🙂February 22, 2007 at 5:15 pm #158488
Or you could make another email address, and slowly transfer all your email contacts to your new account – Then send out one mass email letting everyone know your email addy has changed.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.