June 20, 2005 at 11:22 am #18797
[font=Arial,Helvetica,ms san serif,Verdana,Geneva] Top 11 Worst Things To Say At A Funeral
[font=Arial,Helvetica,ms san serif,Verdana,Geneva]
[/font] [font=Arial,Helvetica,ms san serif,Verdana,Geneva]
11. I'm spiking the punch at the reception. That'll liven things up!
10. Hey! Did I just see the dead guy move?
9. Hey, this is the first time Grandpa's been stiff in 20 years!
8. The son of a bitch is lucky he's dead. He still owes me 20 bucks!
7. (To children) Be quiet or we'll bury you with him.
6. I'll trade you the clock I inherited for the golf clubs you inherited.
5. I didn't really know him/her. I'm just here for the free food afterwards.
4. It's about time. I was getting sick of her whining.
3. Is this service over yet? I'm going to miss the ballgame.
2. (To pastor performing service) So, this is what your God does, eh? Kill people and break up families?
1. (To the widow) Well, you're officially single now. Whatcha doin' Friday night?[/font]source: http://www.askmen.comJune 20, 2005 at 12:56 pm #124674detn8rParticipant
hurm… can't say that I found these funny. Creative? OK.. not funny though. Perhaps using the excuse my mom left for a funural this morning? 🙁 Am I alone?June 20, 2005 at 2:30 pm #124676
Well these are the thoughts which jump in my mind when I am some one else's funeral, some one whom I dont know.. yeah I know its evil but oh well.. I find it funnny!!June 20, 2005 at 2:35 pm #124675MartinBradleyMember
The only one which made me grin is number 9.
I think the rest are in pretty bad taste and/or too obvious.June 20, 2005 at 2:56 pm #124678sarahtownyMember
Well my father-in-law is a funeral director, and so I live next door to the chapel of rest. Some of my friends find that a bit spooky, especially when we walk past it late at night. Sometimes you need a bit of humour to live next to the chapel believe me! :0) But I am used to it now. And personally No.10 on the list made me giggle.June 20, 2005 at 9:25 pm #124677
I like #1. Because thats the thing I always wonder when I see a funeral on movies…After the hero's dad or brother dies, I wonder “will his wife remarry some one? will she date some one else?” And as usual, in most movies, it does happen.June 21, 2005 at 1:55 am #124679MrOatsMember
Laugh Out Loud Funny Neo! 😀June 21, 2005 at 2:19 am #124673Jeff HesterKeymaster
Some people think I'm too serious… Really. Of course none of these things would be funny or appropriate at a real funeral, nor to someone who may have recently lost someone close to them. But hey kids, it's humor. Maybe dark humor, but humor nonetheless.
Laugh a little. It's good for you. 🙂
My personal favorite is #7.July 12, 2007 at 10:10 pm #124680JessicaHMember
*chuckles* I thought these were funny…however I would NEVER say anything remotely close to this at anyone's funeral…so don't think I'm mean…but these made me laugh. 😀July 20, 2007 at 2:07 pm #124681
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.