June 11, 2006 at 6:05 am #23422
I know that alot of people are having that problem where when you try to format your screen on AIM, it gives you an error and won't let you. So I've developed a work around:
1. Download MiniFormat here and save it to your desktop (This link is clean, I uploaded it myself):
3. Enter your screename and password and click “Login” (Don't worry, this has been checked and is completely safe):
4. Wait for the “Stats: Idle…”. to change to “Stats: Online!”, and then click the “Formatter” tab at the top
5. Once your in the formatter tab, Click the “Options” button and then go down to “Format your screename (one time only)” and click on that. Then enter your screename with the formatting you want, and click OK. It should change your screename after a couple minutes. If it doesn't, try doing it several more times. If that doesn't work, try signing off and on and doing it again.
6. Your done. If you get any errors, tell me.June 11, 2006 at 11:37 pm #146241thebachellorMember
When I tried to run it, it said that I needed the “TABCTL32.ocx” file… I already DLed it from somewhere, but what do I do now? I remember there was a specific process (I did before for another version of miniformat that didn't work) involving going to the :run and typing in something, but I forgot it :crying:
Nevermind… got it. Let's see if it works… if it does, you're the man! I really mean it too.June 12, 2006 at 10:22 pm #146237
Put any files that it says is missing in your C:Windowssystem32
I will add them to the download shortly.June 13, 2006 at 2:44 am #146242bigblucrapMember
does it matter whether you're signed into AIM or not?
oh, and i'm not seeing any difference here…no matter how many times i try.June 13, 2006 at 5:04 am #146238
Try signing off of the actual AIM client, and make sure the program says your online. Also, try signing off and trying again in 30 min.June 13, 2006 at 6:28 am #146243bigblucrapMember
alright it worked…but now when i sign in…it takes forever…and when i finally sign in, it doesn't list any of my buddies and then it automatically shuts down AIM. i get the “an error has occured” windows notice. any help on signing in now?June 19, 2006 at 8:59 am #146239
Did you fix the problem? It shouldve fixed itself after a few hours.June 23, 2006 at 10:15 pm #146244bradc_Member
it says that a file is missing or invalid, “toc2sock.ocx”, where do i get this…June 23, 2006 at 10:56 pm #146245bradc_Member
ok i got the program working..but it sucks, when i talk to people on aim its still in caps, the format only works when people look at my screenname on their buddy list. whenever i try to sign on or view other peoples' profiles i get errors. and my AIM is laggy, this program is giving me more errors then successes.
edit: well its working better now, its good i guess. :]June 24, 2006 at 10:05 am #146240RustyMember
it made some installer come up for something called max's sandbox which i have no clue what is and then gave taht error about tox2 or something that the other people were gettingSeptember 3, 2006 at 9:38 am #146246SuoirafenMember
Is there a way to do this for changing email addresses?
Nothing in the Edit Options menu works for me 🙁
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.