October 9, 2007 at 10:04 pm #27785Jeff HesterKeymaster
After a very long period of emails and questions about the Menu Updates i have decided to make a new updated release for Yahoo Messenger 8.1. This release covers many bug fixes in the Yahoo Messenger Instant Messaging Client aswell as added old features.
The Yahoo Menu Updates make your Yahoo Messenger look like it did in Yahoo Messenger 5.5 and 5.6. You can enjoy the old times.
below is a screenshot of added back features
Below is the changelog from the README FileYahoo Menu Update 6.5
Tuesday October 9th 2007
- Compatability for YTK is being addressed
- Support is still there to change the background image of chat by editing C:Program FilesYahoo!Messengerbg.jpg
- Ignored Yahoo Messenger Users Window has been resized in Preferences
- Users Who can view your cam Window in Webcam Privacy has been resized
- Buddy Window Menu looks like it did with Yahoo Messenger 5.5
- PM Window looks like it did in Yahoo Messenger 5.5
- Added Member Search Feature back to Yahoo Messenger. You can access this from the Task Tray Menu by right clicking your mouse over the Yahoo Messenger Icon
- Stealth Settings has been fixed. You can now right click a persons ID on your Buddy list and click appear offline or online to them.
- You can now exit Yahoo Messenger from your Buddy Window by clicking login and then Exit
- Change Skin Menu Item is now back in the View Menu like it was on Yahoo Messenger 6.0
- You can find out what Menu Update Version you have by clicking Help from anywhere in a PM,Chat,Conference or Buddy Window
- Compatability for YTunnelPro has been fully completed. Some Windows would be shown incorrectly in the past or was invisible
- Added back the old Yahoo Messenger Status Icons. I do not know why Yahoo removed them in the first place
- Fixed the Audio Setup Wizard Bug, The old versions was looking for a incorrect Menu Item number.
- Userlist in Chatroom has been fully updated
- Icons still active in Menu's to represent the Menu Item Features
- Fixed Menu Items from Crashing. This was a bug Yahoo have caused in the client which i have been able to reproduce
What is coming in the next release?
- A installation interface will be added which will allow you to customize Yahoo Messenger even more.
- Enhanced privacy settings
- Icon Fix for Yahoo Messenger Status Icons
- Enhanced Messenger Tweaks
- Captcha Tool for Yahoo Messenger Stand Alone Users who dont use YTK or YTunnelPro.
- + More…….
For any information regarding the next release please email email@example.com or get support in this topic for the Menu Updates.
Executable Installer File (SFX)
RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting
Zipped File (.zip)
RapidShare: 1-Click WebhostingOctober 9, 2007 at 10:26 pm #164769mfenechMember
What is YTK Basic?October 10, 2007 at 6:15 pm #164766
YTK Lite, which isn't working right now (being rebuilt).October 11, 2007 at 5:54 pm #164767
I'd also like to note that YTK Pro/Lite (nor Y!Tunnel) is made to function with a modified res_msgr.dll file. Keep that in mind if you use any of those applications. =)October 12, 2007 at 9:05 am #164765Jeff HesterKeymaster
ytunnelpro works fine. after some more testing with YTK it removes the Menu from the buddy window and also removes the menu items from the user list in chat aswell as the chat menu.
I am very suprised as this does not happen with ytunnelpro it works great. It may be the way YTK was coded as it must load the items in cunjunction with the default Menu Items.
example: Load YTK Menu next to Ations() – because actions is no longer the name it will no longer reconise the YTK Menu Item.
YTunnelPro works 100% with the update though apart from YTK. With YTK you will find the “YTK” Menu Items are missing. A new update is Now Available Below to fix the YTK Menu Bugs.
All YTK's Menu Items now show in the Buddy Window , Chat and in the ChatUserList*
- Compatability has been added for YTK Lite and Pro – There was issues where you applied the patch and YTK did not reconise the Window Sizes and did not show the Favorite Room List on the Chat List Window.
- Was A YTK Issue with Menu Items not appearing as they should be. Items have been renamed back to Default.
- About Menu Updated
This build was made specially for YTK Only
RapidShare: 1-Click WebhostingAugust 1, 2008 at 4:16 am #164770riahc3Member
Can we expect any updates to this in the near future?August 2, 2008 at 2:17 am #164768
I'm sure the developer is working on different things at the moment (a torrent site).
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.