- This topic has 44 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 9 months ago by Torseq Tech..
December 23, 2006 at 9:07 am #25911Quote:NOTE: YTK lite does not work at present but it's bigger counterpart the pro version does, Please visit the Programs official website for details! – Staff
YTK Pro‘s little brother, YTK Lite, will be coming around the block (visiting for Christmas I suppose). Here's what YTK Lite can offer FREE OF CHARGE to all Yahoo! Messenger users:
* External Activity Logger with image identification of events
* White Alert Bar for Full Notifications of Blocked Activity
* Audible Alerts (for signing in, signing out and other events)
* Launch at Windows startup
* Automatic Font Resizing (auto-scales messages to 10 pt size)
* Automatic Font Effect Stripping (eliminates Alternate and Faded text effects)
* Embedded Chat Room Event Logger *Chat Window Enhancement* with 5 lines
* Option to Disable Messenger from Auto-Voicing in Chat Rooms
* All Advertisements in Yahoo! Messenger can be Optionally Eliminated
* Friend & Safe List Join & Leave Chat Room On-Screen Notifications
* Blocking of Valid URLs
* Blocked URL Catcher for Chat Rooms (saves links that were blocked for later viewing)
* Automatically Ignore “Voice Bots” when Voiced
* Flush DNS Resolver Cache Entries
* Voice Ignore Count Status in Tiny Even Logger for Voice Users
* Instant double-click Voice Broadcaster Ignoring w/ Crosshair Cursor (with or w/o sound, choice of binning or just voice ignoring)
* Auto-Ignore Wildcarding Capability for ID and Nickname Content
* Chat Screen Background Color Chooser (color palette selection)
* Custom Clear Chat Screen Hotkey Combination Setting (works with global scope)
* Enlarged Chat Room Text Input Area
* Enlarged (widened) Chat Room User List Area
* LaunchCAST Song Broadcasting to Chat Rooms
* Alias Auto-“Cloaking” for Anti-Boot
* Flood Cap Control (half and full) for Anti-Boot
* TCP Voice for Chat Rooms and Conferences instead of default UDP Voice
* Blocking of Yahoo! Messenger (YMSGR Crash Links involving the URI Handler
* Global Ignore Bin (only limited to physical memory) w/ Search Capabilities
* Global Safe List (only limited to physical memory) w/ Search Capabilities
* Chat Room Filtering for Flooding & Auto-Ignore (half slider level control)
* Auto-Ignoring of Chat Room “Bots” with Similar Names (half slider level control)
* Bounce Bot Protection in Chat Rooms (full slider levels)
* Enhanced Voice Ignore Support (Stronger than Messenger's)
* Show Contents of Blocked Chat Room Messages in the Activity Logger
* Logging of YTK events, Connection events, PC-2-PC Calling events
* PC-2-PC Calling option: Allow Call only if you've Called the Contact
* Block all P2P Connectivity
* Disable Messenger Local Logfile (used for troubleshooting and a security risk)
* Ability to Clear Authenticated PMs
* Working Deny-A-Buddy for Yahoo!
* Send Frequent Keep-Alive Packet to Improve Client Uptime
Full Group-based Management via Zones for ALL Invitations and PMs!!
Note: Some of the extra PM functionality won't be available in YTK Lite but only in YTK Pro.
– 4 “Zones” Created for PMs: Friends, Safe List Users, Chat Room Users and Unknown users.
– Allow, Block, Allow only if Contacted, Strip IMVironment Content from PMs, Block “ASL” inquiries, Magic Word Spam Challenge Check Verification all Independently Enabled/Disabled per Group “Zone”
– 4 “Zones” Created for All Invitations
Allow or Block independently per Group the Following “in-session” Types:
– Add Buddy Requests
– Voice Chat Requests in PM
– Webcam Invitations
– Game Invitations
– Chat Room Invitations
– Conference Invitations
– File Transfer Requests
– Send Contact Details
– Request Contact Details
– Buddy List Sends
– Photosharing Requests
* “Offlines” Management based on 3 Groups
Allow or Block independently per Group the Following “Offline” Types:
– Offline Add Buddy Requests
– Offline PMs
– Offline Send Messenger Lists
– Offline Send Contact Details
– Offline Request Contact Details
* Full Yahoo!, WLM, LCS and IBM Lotus Sametalk Network Support for PMs, Status Messages and Add Buddy Management!
* Added back Show Nicknames OR IDs in Chat Rooms
* Right Click Clear Screen Option in Chat Room Window
* Several Custom Menus Added for Full Integration and Convenience
* Remove Users from Chat Room List and Add to Global Ignore Bin
* Add Users from Chat Room List to your Global Safe List
* Refresh Chat Room User List (redraws room list entries only)
* Chat Window and Messenger Buddy List Window Transparency (offers 10% transparency)
* Ability to individually Remove User's Text from the Chat Screen
* Ability to Clear the Embedded Chat Room Event Logger
* SysTray Icon Packet Meter w/ Stats (Tooltip)
* Command-line Support in Chat Rooms (added YTK custom commands)
* Packet Profiling Technology (Advanced Malformed Packet Rejection System)
* Help File (Rich Text) and Community Forum Support
* Offers Full Compatibility with Messenger versions 7.02 through version 8.1 non-beta builds (up to the newest v8.1 Build 209)
* Supports Windows XP Pro/Home/MCE, 2K and 2K3 operating systems (32-bit support only with 64-bit support on the way)
* Ability to run in Limited Account Environments (does NOT require administrative privileges!)YTK Lite is much more fitting than what calling it YTK “Basic” was. 😀 I'm sure nobody will disagree here. While YTK Pro has many more features the Lite version isn't a slouch when it comes to them. I hope you'll all enjoy it.
An early Merry Christmas present from Torseq Technologies! When YTK Lite is available it will be available for download at: YTK Pro – The Yahoo! Messenger-Integrated Chat Companion
For both YTK Pro & YTK Lite discussion you can register for the forum at: YTK Pro Community Support Forum :: IndexDecember 23, 2006 at 11:55 am #155936Eagle_KiwiMember
Hey, could you please limit your topic TITLES to just ONE line (i.e. about 7 or 8 words max) – like everyone else does ?
Really, I feel
YTK Lite Coming Home for the Holidays!! *FREE Messenger SUPER Enhancement*
is excessive (and makes it harder for us all to quickly scan all the OTHER posts.December 23, 2006 at 12:35 pm #155925
Not the reponse I was looking for but I'll take heed to that, Eagle.
Yes it was excessive but it's one you can't miss (which was the point). A free program is involved that can benefit a lot of users, I wouldn't want to scan past that.December 23, 2006 at 12:54 pm #155903
Torseq, I like the Title. I am sure you will have it changed after the holidays anyway.December 23, 2006 at 12:55 pm #155926
To anyone that's actually interested in reading about the topic at hand and is curious when the release will be – we're thinking tomorrow for Christmas Eve.
While we can't offer full time user technical support for YTK Lite (being free when we also have Pro customers to tend to) we will offer as much support as we possibly can (staff allows) to you.
Chris, yeah after it's released I'll get it changed to a more suiting less lengthy title. Probably could've done without the asterisks description in the title but it appeals more to what the thread pertains to before you actually need to view it to get the scoop.December 23, 2006 at 2:12 pm #155914NessaParticipant
Can't wait to check it out! Plus it'd be a nice Christmas present to release the Lite version that day! Two things stood out for me:Quote:Global Ignore Bin (only limited to physical memory) w/ Search Capabilities
Being able to search through your ignore list instead of having to look through the list for one name! Love it. 🙂Quote:Working Deny-A-Buddy for Yahoo!
Does it send them a message of denial?
And that's the only question i had! Looks great though, thanks for sharing with us. 😛December 23, 2006 at 2:44 pm #155927
Hi Hated. The denial with a message is optional (though users on Messenger will still get the dialog if they're online at the time they're denied).
In the Pro version the Chat Networks you can “Deny” users on are Yahoo!, WLM, LCS and Sametalk. In YTK Lite the network you can choose is Yahoo! only (unless we eventually lift that restriction which we might).December 26, 2006 at 4:16 am #155928YTK Lite v1.0 beta build 120 has been released to the public!
Get it Here: YTK Downloads Section
Some features were added to the original feature list that I posted. Of those features are allowing for chat message content wildcarding (limited to 20 wildcard rules total) and Block but Save PMs (limited to 20). I'll be making these updates to the feature list on the forum.
Enjoy and Merry Christmas guys! 🙂
PS: For those of you who may've already downloaded YTK Lite before I posted this here, download it again as the first one uploaded didn't have the Global Ignore Bin search feature. It's there now. =) A small focus issue resulting in a freeze when you go to clear your Wildcard filter rules was fixed too and was slipstreamed into the current build 120 download. Noticed this one last minute.December 26, 2006 at 4:27 am #155929
Some advice to the people that choose to run this software (YTK Lite). You will need to be running Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, MCE or 2K3. The 32-bit versions of these operating systems are only supported at this time with the 64-bit support coming soon. You will also be required to use a non-beta build of Yahoo! Messenger version 7.02 through version 8.1 (current build 209). Non-beta builds aren't supported.
Install it and configure YTK Lite before you join chat or go about your normal Messenger activities. By default we don't set many options for you (hardly any at all) so you'll want to enable/disable them before you go any further.December 26, 2006 at 8:29 pm #155915imported_Ven0mMember
I'd like to get everyone's opinions on YTK Lite. What do you guys think?December 27, 2006 at 12:20 am #155904
I used YTK Lite for 10 minutes in chat rooms and I am convinced this is the best program i ever used for Yahoo!December 27, 2006 at 2:40 am #155930
Glad that you're happy with it, Chris. It hasn't even been quite 24 hours since it was released so I'll wait and see what some of the others think that've tried it out.
While there are some limitations there's plenty of functionality given away for free with a very minimal amount of inline advertising being done (every 10 minutes in chat an ad on your screen is displayed and an ad in the change/join room section is there). If you don't enter chat then you'll never see any ads at all, not a single one of them.December 27, 2006 at 8:18 am #155909DermotParticipant
I used it earlier today and have to say it's a nice program.
But i know what you mean by lite, lot of options never made it to the lite version.
i can understand the gawd, c-mode, protocol selection and other stuff not making it but there are a lot of options i thought would make it ways to lite like the buddy notices in chat, the pm verification, username auto complete, ability to block other users broadcasting ignore messages and winamp songs to chat.
I had my ad comletely closed up on buddylist and Ytk lite opens it back up and makes it just sit there with a blank white area.December 27, 2006 at 9:02 am #155905
I also noticed the ad's were back.December 27, 2006 at 1:19 pm #155931
Hi Dermot.Quote:i can understand the gawd, c-mode, protocol selection and other stuff not making it but there are a lot of options i thought would make it ways to lite like the buddy notices in chat, the pm verification, username auto complete, ability to block other users broadcasting ignore messages and winamp songs to chat.
Correct, Gawd and C-Mode didn't make it. This is just the first build of Lite released however, it will pick up more options in the future (near and far away). While your list of stuff didn't make it in the PM Verification did make it in (and in full), you have to select the top-most radio button to allow PMs for the zone in question to unlock the magic word verification checkbox. Once it's unlocked you simply check it and the PM verification is done on a per group basis.
About the buddy list ad… this is strange because those ads are definitely killed and it's been verified several times on all supported versions and builds. Were you using a registry mod or other with or before you used the Remove All Ads option in YTK Lite? You shouldn't see a single one after you install the program and after it's run the first time it all kicks in (some the first run some not).
I might as well mention this too, Dermot. YTK Lite doesn't yet allow you to block those types of ‘Now Playing' audio player room broadcasts but you could do this yourself through the use of the wildcard message filtering. Specific tags are used to identify the broadcasts so filtering those would accomplish the same thing (only difference is it won't apply to safe list users or buddy's chat messages).
In regard to the Buddy notices in chat rooms currently the only support for that is when a Safe List user or Buddy joins the same room you're in or leaves the room. The online/offline notifications and status messages in the room are more of a luxury to have than a necessity. As far as adding that into YTK Lite I don't mind budging as far as online/offline notifications or maybe select preset status messages (On the Phone, Brb etc).
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.