Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
hot_cook10
MemberI’ve been on the Dell community message board and someone there suggested I might have a problem with the Intel network driver in XP. That seems to make a lot of sense, but, I still can’t find a way to corect this problem. I think I might try another NIC which may mean I’ll have to disable the on board NIC.
If and when I get this problem resolved, I’ll write back and let everyone know what I found.
Yahoo’s help system seems to be OK for basic problem solving, but for anything more complicated it’s just about useless. It seems to be completely automated with no way to get to tech. support. It’s too bad, in some ways, because I really like the services they provide. Will I have to someday switch to Microsoft messenger? AIM is out, I’ve had a couple bad experiences with AOL and I don’t want to deal with their nonsense again.
If anyone’s got any other suggestions please let me know. Thanks a lot.
hot_cook10
MemberI’ve got more information that just confuses me even more than I already am…
When I’m in a Y!M chat room (which is almost never) and I click the “TALK” button everything seems to work just fine. If I’m in a Y! IM window I get the error. If I initiate a private conference or join a private conference I get the error.
In my initial post anywhere I typed “chat” I really meant IM window, and my wife’s computer seems to work just fine unless she’s IMing with me.
I’d really like to get this resolved, Y!IM has been great for me in the past and I’d like not to have to switch to another IM.
Thanks for your help.
-
AuthorPosts