Multi-network instant messenger and social network tool Digsby today released a long-awaited update. Build 60 dramatically improves efficiency, reducing CPU utilization by about 50%.
Here's a full list of the features.
- Performance: We've optimized performance from the ground up, reducing overall CPU usage by about 50%
- Buddy List Search: Press Ctrl+F to easily search your buddy list or the web
- Emoticons: Added four new emoticon packs to choose from
- File Transfers: Improved the reliability of AIM, ICQ, and MSN file transfers
- Conversations: Added an option for new IM windows to start hidden and blink the tray icon instead of popping up a window
- New Infobox: The infobox now uses the same user interface control as the IM window (WebKit), making it much faster and more versatile
- MySpace: Added support for setting status on MySpace
- Google Talk: Added support for the Invisible status on Gtalk
- And More: Over 100 other bug fixes and enhancements!
How to get the update
If you're already a Digsby user, you'll get the update automatically the next time you login. It's a big update, so it may take a while. If you haven't tried Digsby yet, this is a great time to give it a try.
Digsby requires Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7. According to the developers, now that they've tackled this update, they can turn their attention to versions for Mac OS X and Linux.