Last week, Yahoo! Messenger product manager Sarah Bacon put her foot in her mouth when she complained on the Y! Messenger blog that Apple was taking so long to approve their updated Yahoo! Messenger iPhone app. Somehow she missed the fact that the app has been resubmitted with some changes, resetting the review period. Nevermind that she's a product manager and should know this. It's a moot point now that the updated app has been approved and ready to download from the iTunes app store.
Yahoo! Messenger 1..2.2 for the iPhone incorporates several changes based on your feedback:
- Stay available, not idle. Now when you close the Yahoo! Messenger app, you'll still show as “available” to your Yahoo contacts rather than “idle.” Since you get push notifications of new chat messages, this is more logical.
- Get a better Buzz. No, not that kind of buzz. They've tweaked the Buzz feature with a new notification sound, the ability to turn it on or off, and added vibrating buzz notifcations.
- “Shorter and prettier” notification sound. – Apparently this was a big problem for a lot of people, based on feedback. Go figure.
- Address book integration fixed. Yeah, they broke it in the last version. Now it works properly again, so when you compose a new SMS to someone, you can access numbers in your iPhone address book, and not just your Yahoo contact list.
- Read more about the update from the Yahoo! Messenger blog
- Join the discussion in our Yahoo Support forum
Leave a Reply