The BigBlue Crew suggested a blog would be a great way to share what's going on behind-the-scenes at BigBlueBall.com, so we've launched BigBlueBlog. We'll be posting information about our staff (the BigBlue Crew!); site news and updates; info about new goodies we're working on at BigBlueBall; and — most of all — listening to your feedback.
Did you know…?
- BigBlueBall.com was originally a site where two web developers showcased their portfolio?
- The BigBlueBall.com domain was originally registered way back in 1998?
- BigBlueBall has been covering instant messaging since March 1991?
- The name “BigBlueBall” refers to the planet earth, as seen from space?
- And… we have our own entry on Wikipedia?
What's coming up next?
At BigBlueBall, we believe that instant messaging was the original social networking app, and that social networking is here to stay. What is social networking? Simply the connections we make between each other; our friends, family, co-workers and colleagues. Social networking is about strengthening those connections and helping us build richer, more satisfying relationships.
Technology can be a great enabler — helping us build our own social networks. Or technology can get in the way. At BigBlueBall, we want to help you sort through the myriad of tools and options that are out there and find what really works best for you.
So what's next at BigBlueBall? We're listening to your feedback, and evolving beyond just IM to cover the broad spectrum of social networking tools, techniques and technologies.
For now, please share your feedback, and stay tuned. Subscribe to our feed and you'll get all the updates on the changes at BigBlueBall.