Facebook and Twitter are both hugely popular social networks. Twitter has over 100 millions users, and Facebook over 500 million, and both show no signs of slowing down their phenomenal growth.
DigitalSurgeons did some digging and put together this great infographic that breaks down the 2010 demographics of the two social network titans.
A few notable points:
- 41% of the 500 million Facebook users login everyday
- 30% of them login via a mobile device
- 70% of Facebook users are located outside of the United States
The percentages are similar for Twitter. This tells me a few things.
- The Facebook and Twitter networks have become irresistible. Ignoring them is unwise.
- Mobile is huge. Do you support your mobile audience?
- The U.S. isn't the center of the Internet, after all. If this is a surprise to you, read the paper.
All of this means your website should embrace Facebook and Twitter, include support for mobile visitors, and consider the massive opportunities lying beyond the U.S. borders.