Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Aneesh
ParticipantAshish,
Glad to know that the procedure helped u. Your using AIRTEL ha. Their latest AD is so long.. May be I will switch to AIRTEL too… Dunno 😀
Cya
Aneesh
ParticipantDear Fellow user,
This reply is in regard to ur query about the Yahoo Messenger Mobile problem ( “This number has chosen not to receive any text messages” ).
I also think that the problem originates when you send more than 3 messages from Yahoo messenger to a mobile friend n that friend didnt/cudnt reply back. I think , as some other user mentioned in the forum, Yahoo may block message transfer to that mobile suspecting a possible spam attack.
I myself was having the same problem a few days ago. But I was able to rectify myself with a guess-work I did.
One of my friends sent me a few messages from yahoo to my new cellphone. I didnt receive the messages sent on to my cell in time. So I cudnt reply back. Later Yahoo blocked messages to my cell. I thought If I cud send a message from my cell to Yahoo, then may be I might get unblocked. So I was thinking abt ways to send a message from my cell to yahoo. But How can I ? I didnt know to which number I had to reply to reach Yahoo from my cell connection.
So I added a friend of mine with a cell having the same network connection as I did. I added him in my Mobile List n sent him a message from Yahoo Messenger and he got it . His reply ID to Yahoo was +8242802. So I thought what if my reply ID were some number adjacent to this number. So I sent a junk message to +8242801, 803, 804 n 805 as a test. My cell showed “message sent” n “message delivered” prompt for +8242801.. the other 3 messages failed since there was no Yahoo ID associated with that number. I waited a few minutes .. n walla !!! I was able to send messages to my mobile. Hooray Its unblocked 🙂 .
So the solution in a nutshell : Send a message from ur cell to one of your friends who has added u in his/her mobile friends list ( preferrably to the same friend who reported u the problem first )
So I suggest all those who have similar problem to do the same. It might take some guessing n common sense from ur part.
I hope this reply was helpful! 😀
-
AuthorPosts