Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
chewy74
Memberit was never there to begin with, meaning in the email address field under mail preferences in the AIM options (MyAIM/edit options/edit perferences/Mail)
It was always blank and whenever I went to check mail it automatically connected me to the aol site and signed me in to check my mail…and now it doesn’t
:confused:
chewy74
Memberyeah, this is basically what it’s doing…
the only thing I can think of that was said here is that I do Have a really long ethernet cord connecting to my comy…I think like 100ft cord.
so maybe it’s that:confused:
anyone else offer any suggestions or theories?
Quote:quote:Originally posted by alana0601i dont know why it was causing the problem but my router was defective and it just caused my aim to sign me off all the time but the buddylist woudl still be up. it didnt show that I was signed off. I coudl tell I was signed off when I would view a profile and all it said was please wait… and if I imed someone it woudl take forever to send. after a few minutes (since I never realized I was signed off) it would sign me back on and send my IM and show me the profile I wanted to view. it wasnt ruining my internet tho. it was just aim that it was harming.
chewy74
Member*bump*
chewy74
MemberI do get returned to the sign on screen and when I try to sign on again it sometimes says that I’m attempting to sign on to soon and to try again later. Theres no other error message
I’ll be idle for anywhere from 5-15mins before it will sign me off
after I get logged off my buddylist is still up (like I’m still signed on) and most of the time it won’t even let me log back on and freezes.
chewy74
Membernope, im on a LAN connection.
im on AIM 5.2.3chewy74
Membercan the image i replace it with be any length? or do i need to conform to the (already exsisting) image?
and thanks, i understood the instructions, but can’t i just overwrite it with the image i want rather then having to delete it?
chewy74
Memberok, does anyone know where i can find the location to change the image in my buddylist background?

I tried looking around with reshack, but dont know enough to mess around with files at all. So I’d rather ask someone who knows where I can find it.
thanks
chewy74
MemberI tried Dling IE again, but it won’t even let me connect to the internet to DL the info.
meaning i dled the setup file, but when i try to execute the setup file and it connects to the internet to dl the needed IE files it won’t connect.
I’m on cable connection and know im connected cause mozilla still loads fine.what exactly does that prog do or did anyways?
I had to run a system restore from a comp image i has a few months ago. I had to look for/install a crap load of progs i dl’d from the internet too…
🙁
chewy74
MemberWTF, I just dl’d and tried the program and it messed up my IE
what the hell was it and how do i fix it
I wouldn’t suggest anyone else dling it
chewy74
Memberi did that, but on my firewall and no ad’s since i did
chewy74
MemberI’ve tried this and so fae no ad’s at all
Quote:quote:Originally posted by SquidIf you are suddently getting audio ads out of the blue.. its probably the new advertising “feature” with the new version of AIM.
to stop this, block these addresses in your firewall.
ads.aol.com
ar.atwola.com
VTOT.proxy.aol.com
ads.web.aol.comafter you do that, no more audio ads.
chewy74
MemberI’ll give that a try and report back.
Thanks squid
chewy74
Memberwell, none of the things posted here has worked yet. I just got another audio ad today.
so if there’s any other way, please let me know
chewy74
MemberI meant this aim guy.
have him animated like he’s dodging bullets
chewy74
Memberyou should make the aim icon animated, i.e. running and dodging bullets similar to how neo did it in the orgibal matrix.
that would be cool, but awesome work though
-
AuthorPosts