Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
lbb87
MemberSorry. I thought the Yahoo forum was only for stuff related to Yahoo Messenger.
lbb87
MemberI just had another screen name suspended. That makes it my fourth one. 🙁
Have any AOL users (those who actually pay for the lousy internet service) had problems with their accounts? I haven’t heard anything. I think it’d be interesting if they started having problems too.
lbb87
MemberI just used the UK AIM website to send them an email prior to reading this post. I also sent two emails to AOL yesterday. I sent them to two different addresses but I don’t know what they were right now.
If you go to http://www.aol.com/support/livehelp.adp they have live online help. I haven’t tried it and I don’t know if it would work for free members. Until I find out what happened I don’t think I’m going to be using AIM for awhile, just to be on the safe side. That’s alright, never did like it anyway.
lbb87
MemberAfter thinking about it a little more, It does seem unlikely that someone could’ve gotten my password. But why then is it that just the screen names that I used at the relatives aren’t working?
The relative does have AOL and I did use my AIM screen names while using the relative’s AOL account (I had permission to do so and have done it before). After I was done using AIM, I deleted the screen name files off the computer. Maybe this caused a problem somwehere. I don’t see why that would be a problem. The relative isn’t having any trouble with AOL. Seems very strange to me. It isn’t a huge deal but I’d still like to know what happened.
It would be nice to know if someone got my password as that would indicate security problems. It would also be nice to prevent this from happening again.lbb87
MemberI went ahead and reinstalled the darn thing and it works now. I guess a file got currupted or something. I would’ve liked to have known what exactly the problem was though.
lbb87
MemberSomething just occurred to me. Doesn’t AIM 5.2.3292 come with spyware? If I removed spyware from this computer, could that have caused AIM not to work? I know that can happen with other programs. I heard Weatherbug is bundled with it but I left that one alone. All the other spyware that I removed didn’t seem like it was associated with AIM because I did thorough research on each of them before I removed them.
This is starting to get annoying.:(lbb87
MemberHere’s a little update.
I decided to use my own ISP account on the relative’s computer and not use AOL and I still can’t connect to AIM. So I guess either the service is down or I need to reinstall AIM. Is anyone else having problems? I haven’t heard anything about AIM not working for people.
lbb87
MemberOops, I guess I should’ve mentioned that.
The problem occurs during login. It says, “1. connecting” and then after about 20 seconds I get a message that says, “The AIM service can’t be reached.” It never goes to step 2. I tried logging on several hours ago and couldn’t and I still can’t. AOL seems to be working fine.
lbb87
MemberHas anyone tried to figure out a way to make the their custom icons “official”? If someone tries hard enough or has the brains I’m sure they could figure it out, maybe.
Do the official icons have some sort of special coding? There has to be something that makes them different from the custom icons, but what is it?lbb87
Memberok maybe i didn’t word that right.
the people are online and they’re listed as being online on the buddy list and i’m chatting with them. But the little AIM or Yahoo icons like the little orange man and the Y! symbol are now transparent. Before they had color and now they don’t. I didn’t do anything at all except move some buddies to a different buddy group and disabled the offline folder, whatever that is.
-
AuthorPosts