Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Shearologist
Membertisha325 that is a frog yes. The Yahoo! Fighter IMVirements (61, 62, 63, & 64 .gifs) are only viewable to those who made use of those IMVirements…. I don’t use IMV’s but my guess is the frog may be available in the same way.
If you would like a frog emoticon, this one is animated & I made it myself from scratch.

Thanks for the idea! ๐ I have about 15 others which I’ve created too (bunny,a/s/l,etc.) at http://www.shearologist.com/altsmileys.html (Custom smileys will only be viewable by others who have them named correctly & saved to their yahoo/media/smileys folder…otherwise they will see the original or whichever custom smiles they have in place.) Complete install instructions etc. on that page also if you need them.
Shearologist
MemberPssst! … dont_squish_me? Your post is kinda a little bit off topic for this particular thread maybe. The following thread is packed with good advice which I think could help you out. https://bigblueball.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4081 Perhaps you could benefit from viewing the discussion or add your question there? ๐
Shearologist
MemberAre you referring to me freddy? If so please realize I was not answering you either. If I were answering you I would have directed the post at you by including your ID in the post. As you can see by my actions in selecting the quote of my last post I was answering my own post in an attempt to clarify a few things. ๐
Shearologist
MemberQuote:quote:Originally posted by ShearologistI checked ‘sounds & media’ in the control panel, clicked on the sounds tag there & determined that the ding.wav I have been hearing is set as the windows default beep .wav. Not sure why it plays that file when someone buzzes me, or why it is playing random .wav files WHEN they play at all.
Clarifies: Yes, I know the ding.wav occurs because the program can not play the sound. In saying I do not know WHY it occurs, I mean it should not be happening at all as the doorbell.wav as well as knock.wav has been tested as well as every other .wav in the media folder as the alert they all play fine in the test within preferences and still they do not work as they should when I am buzzed by a friend. This is not occuring due to the set limit to how often one may buzz! as I tested it a number of ways and found it’s behavior to be unpredictable & unreliable. As I said it did not even work the 1st time ( I saw the BUZZ! on screen but heard NO sound at all…) Yahoo glitch.
Shearologist
MemberProblem with using invisable status, or putting the person on ignore is that once you enter a chat room all they need to do is execute the /goto command and they would find you. Creating a new ID/account would solve the problem. You may want to inform those on your freinds list of the new ID prior to asking them to add you to insure they recognize the new ID as your’s, and realize that if any on your friends list are mutual friends of that person your new ID might possibly be leaked to them. Your Buddy List is right here. http://edit.yahoo.com/config/set_buddylist , copy the list to the new account. Use the email of the new acount to eliminate the problem of them seeing you as online in their address book at yahoo. In editing the new account’s profile information page be sure NOT to select to be listed in the member directory to further decrease the possibility of them finding the new ID. This solution is more work but greatly decreases thier chances of locating you at Yahoo.
Shearologist
Membercrazybj507 Your Buddy List is right here >> http://edit.yahoo.com/config/set_buddylist (Careful in removing any here. There isn’t an option for ‘undo’ on this one). You can’t view another’s list but you can edit your own here.
As far as this chain message, and it’s claims of a messenger that will tell you who the people on your buddy list are talking, to what their aliases are etc: I have not seen nor heard proof of this one actually existing no. In fact when I saw the post myself in a chat room of one who was spamming the info & a url I didn’t click on it because I know many users of yahoo use scams similar to this one (fake login screens is one example) to steal passwords and accounts. I searched google and found nothing on the net about this. I then searched Urban Legends and came up with nothing on the subject there either.
Edited due to typos.
Shearologist
Memberladybug I am also running 5.5 1254 (on win 2000, Norton Firewall) and decided to check on whether my sound alerts are working correctly. I have knock.wav selected for ‘A Friend Buzzes Me’. I IM’d myself from another account and heard nothing the 1st time. 2nd time I heard a ding (this is NOT a sound within the media folder). 3rd time I heard the ding again, & 4th time nothing again. Tried to fix it by selecting another .wav from the media folder, then yet another. Tried 4 there altogether. I got the same result, sometimes a ding & other times I heard nothing at all. I right clicked the Yahoo icon in taskbar, selected ‘sign out & exit’, then restarted my pc. I tried the exact steps again. This time I even tried selecting .wav files on my pc NOT within the media folder. It still would not play the selected .wav when my ID was Buzzed. I went to the extent of having Nhyrvana buzz me from her messenger, I heard a ding.wav the 1st time then each time she buzzed after the 1st I heard nothing. The times I buzzed Nhyrvana she heard a doorbell, then nothing, then chimes etc(Same problem seems to exist with her 5.5 1254 on Win Me). I had another friend on messenger try as well. We also got the same results.
I checked ‘sounds & media’ in the control panel, clicked on the sounds tag there & determined that the ding.wav I have been hearing is set as the windows default beep .wav. Not sure why it plays that file when someone buzzes me, or why it is playing random .wav files WHEN they play at all. But I can say my alerts sounds are really screwed up, and play the wrong sounds, if they play ANYTHING at all. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone on this one ladybug lol. Yahoo glitch would be my guess.
Shearologist
MemberQuote:quote:Originally posted by SoccerSwty99my mom said we could make it! yesssssss she just said its gunna be hard to get the crumbs to get up on the pan and stay there like that any tips?
SoccerSwty99, when I prepare the crust instead of using melted butter, the butter is left to sit at room temp until it becomes just slightly softened. Have to work fast in mixing though, and never use hands as it causes the butter to melt quickly, I smooosh the mixture against the sides of the bowl with a large flat wooden spoon. It does help the crust to stick to the pan’s edges a bit better I have found.
My favorite cheesecake version is a similar version as ShearHeaven had posted but I add 1 cup of canned pumpkin, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg & 1/4 teaspoon of ginger to the recipe then top it with whipped cream. This is a great Thankgiving day hit in my home. Once Christmas time arrives they are begging for more here. They freeze soooo well… ๐
Shearologist
MemberHiya & Welcome Visual! You can also go to the homepage https://bigblueball.com/ & click on the ‘View the Guest Map Image’. Guest Map is a kewl new feature Jeff has just recently added. Not all are listed on the map, but it’s a fun way to see where those who have posted on the map are located. ๐
Shearologist
Memberwaves to her neighbors …Bon & *Vic*Cait…. ๐ Always very interesting to see where others are located. Great idea Jeff.. I say, “Keep it!”.:D Hope you can find some way to have more than 100 on the map though.
Shearologist
Memberladybug you can also easliy set the sounds alerts in messenger by clicking on login/preferences. Select alerts & sounds. Select “A friend buzzes me’ from that list, then below notice that ‘ear’ icon & the path to a sound beside it, click the browse button there. You can select any .wav file in Yahoo’s Media folder, or also any other .wav file found on your computer. Once you choose a sound click on apply & then just click on that ‘ear’ icon to test/hear the sound chosen.
Shearologist
MemberBrian those symbols for the method of using the ALT key with the number pad are ascii. Here’s a page (not sure if it lists all symbols that exist) I sometimes referre to which has a decent list of those combinations of numbers including the extended ascii symbols. http://www.asciitable.com/ I do agree with Jeff in that the use of the charactor map application is the best way though. ๐
Shearologist
MemberJeff:
Thanks!!.. for the quick addition of my site to the directory! Please disregard the reply email I sent as I just stumbled across this thread, found your buttons, and have linked to BBB from my homepage. Kewl designs on the buttons btw… ๐Shearologist
MemberKeeping within the theme of the BigBlueBall name & logo, and it’s earth symbol: Rank is acheived over time. There are different time eras in regard to earth’s existance. There are 6 main eras just as there are 6 member rank ratings.
There is Cenozoic Era (65 mya to today), Mesozoic Era (248 to 65 mya), Paleozoic Era (543 to 248 mya), Proterozoic Era (2500 to 543 mya), Archaean (3800 to 2500 mya), & Hadean (4500 to 3800 mya). BTW, mya= 1 million if anyone is not familiar.
We know that the earth was not created over night. It was a gradual process which was achieved over time. The gaining of new knowledge, and member rank are both also achieved gradually over time. Either of the following examples would be interesting names for member rank ratings.
Using the 6 main eras (new member being the begining of time ‘Hadean’, & a super member being today ‘Cenozoic’):
Hadean= under 10 posts
Archaean= 10-49 posts
Proterozoic= 50-99 posts
Paleozoic= 100-499
Mesozoic= 500-999
Cenozoic= 1000+postsShearologist
MemberJust recently while in a chat room I was alerted to the existance of a child porn site by another chatter who was not sure how/where to report it properly. I went directly to the FBI website and filled out a ‘report a tip’ form there. The following is a portion of the reply email ( not a form letter by the way… an ACTUAL ‘personal’ reply) I received directly from the FBI.
‘Go here to report any suspected of dealing with, posting of, or distribution of any forms of child pornography. http://www.cybertipline.com (This form is then reviewed by analysts and forwarded to law enforcement including the FBI, the US Customs Service, the US Postal Inspection, and state and local police agencies.) The CyberTipline allows individuals to file a report by submitting an online form. This form is then reviewed by analysts and forwarded to law enforcement including the FBI, the US Customs Service, the US Postal Inspection, and state and local police agencies. Innocent Images national child pornography task force, is located at Baltimore Division of the FBI. To read more about their ‘Innocent Images’ project, visit
http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cid/cac/innocent.htm ‘Yahoo! is not the place to report child porn. Once cybertipline receives a report they pass the info on to ALL who need it to start the ball rolling including the involvement of Yahoo! (if the circumstances warrant). You would not try to ‘play detective’ in catching anyone online who deals in child porn. In fact, doing so may simply foul up any attempts by the proper authorities in nailing such perverts. Also, I would not go directly to the local police especially if we are talking about any local police in the USA in that they do not always respond quickly enough. Add to that the simple fact that funds have currently been cut on most state levels, officers have been layed off across the entire country etc. and the responce is even slower than usual. FBI is federal. Federal levels currently have greater funding, more manpower and as always higher authority in comparison to local & state.
Ace111 needs to go to http://www.cybertipline.com fill the form there & be sure to include whatever ‘local info’ he has gathered on the individual as well as his Yahoo! ID etc.
It’s my 1st post here on this forum. Sorry about the double spacing. ๐ฎ It’s been corrected.
-
AuthorPosts